I’ve done a bookish confessions and blogger confessions version of this post so check them out if you like! Warning: it gets deep lol
- I spend more time talking about writing than actually writing (here)
- I only recently started writing for the first time in the past two years
- It is no exaggeration when I say from my Google docs, folder in my desktop and many, many, many notebooks – I have a grand total of 100+ unfinished stories
- Sometimes I enjoy brainstorming about the character more than actually writing about them
- The main character I write often seems to reflect the best version of myself or someone I wish I was more like and they’re ALWAYS (and I’m talking in the history of all the stories I’ve ever started/written) female
- When I was younger, I would feel uncomfortable writing Muslim and Islamic-fiction simply because I was so unused to seeing Muslims and Islam represented in books, and I was so used to reading about non-Muslim and Caucasian characters that it felt positively alien to me despite it being the only thing I’ve had experience with… to be honest, it makes me angry looking back on it
- What makes me most uncomfortable and procrastinate writing is the thought of members of my family eventually reading my writing and seeing the way my life is probably most uncannily reflected in it (as I’ve said in a previous post, it’s invasive, and I need to work on it!)
- Sometimes, when I force myself to write because I want to make progress, it just feels like work and I no longer enjoy it (and then I immediately stop because that is not the point AT ALL)… but I also feel like if I don’t force myself how else will I make progress? Am I approaching this the wrong way?
- Struggling to develop my ideas and formulate a story around my main character is something I find incredibly frustrating but also is just so ridiculous to me because penning it should arguably be the hardest part not the stories/ideas themselves? Once again, am I underestimating this?
- I know that if I don’t write a book before I die, I will have so many regrets on my death bed – and the thought of not fulfilling my dream as a writer and not rewarding the tireless efforts of my younger self is a huge driver for me to keep going (selfish as it may be)
I tag: Rukky, Kaya and anyone else interested! No pressure to participate 🙂 Let me know what you think about my confessions… and please tell me I’m not alone here!!!