This week I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Hannah from The Way of Delight. Her blog is a treasure full of beautiful poems, short stories, and book reviews! Thank you so much for the nomination, Hannah! 🙂
The rules of this award are outlined below:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you for the award
- Answer the questions they gave you
- Give 11 fun facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award
- Give them 11 questions to answer
So here are Hannah’s questions…. 🙂
- Who/what inspires you the most? A lot of things are constantly inspiring me on a regular basis, but I have to say that Islamic history and my mum both equally inspire me!
- What is the best book you have read this year? That is so hard. I think I came to a solid decision and said Crooked Kingdom in my Mid Year Freakout Tag – but looking back I think it’s a four-way-tie with Ready Player One, The Belles, Crooked Kingdom and Cress.
- What’s been your favourite moment of the week? Going out to the mall with my family on Saturday!
- Who/what made you laugh today? A hilarious picture that was accidentally taken during a Skype call.
- If you could be hired tomorrow, what job would it be for and why? To work at a humungous book store that has a massive YA selection!
- What’s your favourite mode of transportation? Quad-biking! Although I’ll hasten to add there is a reason why everyone older than me flat-out refuses to ride with me because they (sensibly) fear for their lives.
- Would you rather be an only child or have 10 siblings? 10 siblings because I hate being lonely.
- Where would you prefer – an apartment in a city full of history, or a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere? An apartment in a city full of history because that would just be so fascinating.
- What is your favourite thing to blog about? Books!!
- If you could meet one person from history, who would it be and why? I’m Muslim so Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) as he is an extremely important figure in Islamic history and also in Islam in general.
- Favourite ice-cream flavour? Pralines ‘n cream! I used to just have plain vanilla for years but then when my mum encouraged me to try something knew I tried pralines ‘n cream and now it is my all-time favourite 🙂
Here are the 11 fun facts about myself…
- I’ve lived in four different countries.
- A few years back my sister and I were obsessed with Rainbow Looms and we actually have a huge box full of all of the bracelets/charms we had made – it is crazy.
- This may not come as a surprise but I have no clue what kind of career I want to pursue in the future and it’s always a bit stressful whenever someone brings the subject up.
- I’ve been trying and failing to write a book for almost five years now and that sounds really depressing but it’s been a learning process!
- I CANNOT WAIT to watch Ocean’s 8, I watched Ocean’s 11 (and loved it) and the cast looks incredible!
- Maths, Chemistry and Physics are all (together) my worst subjects.
- English is surprisingly not my favourite subject… Psychology is, it’s absolutely fascinating.
- I actually used to have a blog before this a looongg time ago.
- My favourite dessert is chocolate – whether it’s chocolate cake or chocolate cookies or chocolate fondue or just a plain old beautiful bar of chocolate!
- Most of my reading is done late at night when I should be sleeping.
- I’m a Star Wars fan.
Here are the people I nominate for this award!
- Hijabi Mentat @ Muslim Futurism
- Breeny @ Breenysbooks
- Nadia @ Headscarves and Hardbacks
- Amna @ YA book corner
- Carolina @ fictionologyst
- Rachel @ thebookandbakes
I know we were supposed to do 11 people but I could genuinely only think of 7 whom I thought hadn’t gotten this award yet – and of course – deserved it 🙂 Also, apologies if I ended up nominating anyone who has already been nominated, I did my best to find out if you had already received this award 🙂
My 11 questions….
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- If you could name one particular experience with blogging that encouraged you to continue it, what would that be?
- What is your favourite genre to read?
- What are you known for amongst your family and friends?
- What is your favourite dessert?
- If you could go back in time to experience one historical event, what would that be?
- What are some of your all-time favourite books?
- What is your favourite (or one of your favourite) posts you have published on your blog?
- What book are you currently reading and how are you finding it?
- What is something you’re looking forward to doing this summer?
- What is something you like best to do in your free-time?
Speak soon! 🙂